Gastroenterology Community
IBS?? with yello bile?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

IBS?? with yello bile?

I have had so much stress in the past and when I was in with my wife having our baby I began to have dirriea and gas, when I relax the symptoms go away. But sometimes when I have dirreia the stool is brown but there is a yellow fluid that come out sometimes as well. What do you think this is. When my stolls are harder there is no yellow fluid or color at all Just when I have loose stools.

Is this from food moving to fast in the intestines?  

This discussion is related to Lump in Throat...no help from my doctors.
I have the standard IBS symptoms: Some abdnomanal pain, gas,  C/D type of stool when stressed or having more anxiety the pain seems to come on more. The yellow is not at all seen if the BM is not loose
The 'yellow' typically is the result of bile that moves quickly through the digestive tract and doesn't have a chance to turn to the normal brown color we have come to associate with stools/fecal material. Bile is secreted as a kind of yellowy-green and as it's 'worked on' by a variety of substances, it turns brown.
Is this a call for concern? or is this considered normal in some cases?  I some times see undigested food in my more solid stool but like I said my solid stool is brown and there is no yellow in it at all, until it is dirriea and even then it is just a fluid that comes with my brown soft stool. the stool is not yellow in color
It's typically no cause for concern unless it's a constant or recurrent problem.