Gastroenterology Community
I'm 22 with lower left-hand side abdominal pain

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I don't know what i have...my only real symptoms are nagging sharp lower left side abdominal pain...(left hand side) NOT THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY BODY...  but the pain is so severe i don't know what to do...i don't want to tell my parents..they always say i'm complaining about health problems..I get Dizzy, Dizziness is another symptom... the pain happens when i sit back in the computer chair...bend over....or stand up and walk...NO blood in my stool...i hardly urinate alot...every now and then...i sometimes feel like i have to do a bowel movement but when i use the restroom it never helps...pain still happens...
If extremely uncomfortable pain in experienced in the lower left side of the body, and they're frequent, you should check with your doc and ask to be examined. The most definitive test to check for problems within the lower left region would be a colonoscopy. You may not have to have changes in bowel habits to have a problem. If you're worried, call the doc.