I'm at my wit's end. Please help! (ideas, suggestions, tips)
I am asking this on behalf of my boyfriend who is now 25, but has been having a recurrent abdominal issue since he was 20. Every so often (at least 2-3 times a month) he is vomiting. Sometimes it is very light vomiting and the contents are clear or light colored. Other times there has been little pink-red specks (blood) and he some bile I believe. He has thrown up blood again recently (he says it was dry) the blood is never dark red, about the same shade as a nose bleed, so it's bright if that makes a difference. I am worrying so much that my hair is falling out. He has been to see a GI specialist, they say there's no ulcer after having put a tube down his throat to have a look and found nothing. They told him to take some antacids when his stomach is upset, but I want to know what's causing it not how to mask the symptoms. They did feel a hernia on his stomach along his abdomen. That sometimes causes him pain, but I don't think it would cause vomiting. He doesn't drink much, he is a vegetarian (but has started eating salmon for protein, which his stomach agrees with) and he has smoked scarcely on and off but has recently stopped for good. I am asking everyone I know what could be the matter and have even begun doing research and making lists. I don't want him to die because of this, and I want him to stop having chronic aches (he says he is always feeling a little pain, like a dull cramp) but I'm not even sure where to start. He has a juicer and uses it, so he lives a fairly healthy lifestyle and he even has started exercising more (he is 5'11 and has a good BMI). Any suggestions, help or ideas? ANYTHING is appreciated.

(P.s. the doctors have ruled out cancer and other big things like tumors)
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of his symptoms.  Vomiting itself is a non-specific symptom and could result from GI infection/ inflammation, micronutrient deficiencies, GI motility issues, or non-GI causes such as hormonal/ endocrine imbalances, metabolic issues, medication side effect, neurological causes etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. 
Hope this helps. 

Take care!