Gastroenterology Community
I'm having a stress test for ???
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'm having a stress test for ???

I've had many episodes over the years--racing heart, irregular heart beat, tightening in chest with faintness. I also have had my thyroid removed. Boy oh boy, it's not been fun. Lately I have become more worried about heart problems. My doctor says I'm fine but he sent me to a cardiologist who has ordered an echo/stress test. I am scared to death!!! The cardiologist checked me and said that from what he could tell my heart seems fine. But I still am SCARED! Oh, I do have anxiety/panic attacks. Who wouldn't after having thyroid problems for years.

This discussion is related to Esophagus or Heart Flutter?.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your heart racing, tightening of the chest, and faintness can all be caused by panic attacks.  There is medication for this, are you on any?  Best to be checked out and be sure though.  Are you sure none of this is related to your thyroid problems? You didn't say what problems you've had. The test is an easy one.
Blank
i have hyperthyroidism and im on medication called "synthroid"i have to take daily.i still get racy feelings in my chest.Now i also use to have anxiety attacks due to a trauma i experienced in 2006.i went to the E.R. and they ran all kinds of test and said everything was alright. I went to my doctor and he did blood work and said everything was fine. It scares me to where im very concerned that im still getting these
symptoms and no professional DR can diagnose why im still feeling like this. I was also told my medication for my thyroid was fine.So....what is wrong?why im i  still experiencing theses symptoms?  I dont like how i feel at times.. I JUST WANT TO FEEL NORMAL.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...