Gastroenterology Community
In serious trouble.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

In serious trouble.

I'm 17 years old and about 4 months ago I had an attack - it involved constant vomiting and diarrhea. I ended up calling an ambulance as I was pretty out of it and passed out on my kitchen floor, none of my family were home at the time. It took 3 drip bags and 5 needles to make me eventually feel better (after 9 hours) although they wanted to keep me overnight. They took bloodtests and urine samples - results came back with nothing out of the ordinary. They said it was probably just a case of food poisoning.
But it happened again, 3 more times. Same old story, did more tests - still nothing. I've lost about 10kgs in 4 months from this constant vomiting and trust me I DO NOT want to lose weight, I weigh 41kg now, which is incredibly underweight.
Now I'll get to the point - I haven't had any recent attacks since early last month. But I do vomit at least once a week. (might I add I do not force myself to vomit at any stage)
I found that I usually start feeling nauseous after standing for a long period of time? I don't know if that means anything, i get a pain in between my ribs but lower and on my sides usually after i've started vomiting. I know if i can't find out whats wrong I will lose my job and lose a lot more weight therefore only becoming more and more unhealthy. I can't think of anything else to turn to, PLEASE HELP.
Tags: Pain, help, diarrhea, food, vomiting, gastro