Incredible stomach cramps
K so ever since puberty there has been one night per month, or every other month, where I will wake up with these incredible stomach cramps. As in, shooting across and around my torso to the point where I can only curl up in bed & wait for it to go. Usually it starts around 2 am, goes a couple hours, & after several bouts of diarrhea, finally subsides. Back then I was fairly small, but I gained a little weight in college, & since then the frequency of these attacks has dropped, but not the severity. It really is debilitating - I'm only glad it happens at night.

Any clues?
Oh my, sounds to me (once again) like parasites. They follow a life cycle which is about a month long (most active around full moon) and are most active at night, around 2 am.
They love sugary and starchy food, and sometimes they make your bottom itch (not necessarily!)
Get your GP to make some stool tests as well as a scotch tape test (very important one!) to see if you have parasites. If so, take the meds he will give you, but instead of once, get him to prescribe you three rounds. Take one, wait three weeks, take the next, wait three weeks, take again. good luck!