Infant Large intestine removal
My baby had 2/3 parts of her intestine removed at 7 months because it got necrotic and had an intusuception (I hope its not misspelled).  Now we are having nutrition problems with her at this time she is in a vegan and integral diet becuase her body is rejection all animal products.  Her doctor told me that she is presenting short bowel syndrome but as far as I know that conditons occur when you got the small intestine removed.  Those the people with large intestine removal have this type of food rejection and for how long.  
Hm, removal of even entire large intestion shouldn't cause any other major problems, except some watery diarrhea.

You're right, short bowel syndrome is a result of removal **or disease** of small intestine. Maybe her small intestine was affected by the same (or other) cause as the large intestine was. So, an investigation of small intestine would maybe be needed. There are also other non-invasive tests from which the rate of absorption can be evaluated.  

The operation itself is a stress. So impaired absorption in small intestine may be only due to this stress from surgery. If it's only this, absorption may improve in weeks. Sometimes this stress effect may persist as IBS (iritable bowel syndrome).

You may also want to ask in "ask a doctor" part of forum for additional explanation, but on the end, your surgeon should answer these questions.

You can discuss about the doctor about:
- tests for malabsorption
- and later, if necessary, for small intestne investigation