Gastroenterology Community
Inside of Anus Stings During and After Bowel Movement

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

The past month I've had terrible stinging when i have a bowel movement. The stinging pain occurs about 1/2 of an inch up inside the anal canal when passing a bowel. I also have stinging pain all through the day. It's much worse after bm's.
I had a feel was an anal fissure at one time because my poop had a bloody stripe on it with similar pain but now it's just the worst stinging pain ever. I had alot of bm's due to being on antibiotics for a UTI that caused me to possibly injure my anus and inside.
I eat alot of fiber and am healthy but the stinging is bad when I even sit and stand . It's non stop. I'm not sexually active anymore for years so I know it's not an STD. lol
It's a ripping and stinging pain above anal opening on the inside in the same spot.
Please help. I have an appointment to see a doctor but it's not for 2 weeks!
Well, since you will be seeing a doc, I will tell you how to treat your symptoms whilst you wait.  The best solution is to get some PLAIN KY jelly (not the flavored kinds), in the blue and white tube at the pharmacy.  It's water soluble, so not greasy at all, washes off.  So, every time you bathe and ready to stop the water, swab some of that stuff on your stingy spot and all around it, it will stop chaffing and thus prevent pain.  You can reapply it if you bathroom later, just squirt some on a wad of dampened tissue, and do your final wipe with it.  It's the junk that gets on the "wound" you have that makes it sting.  They also sell KY in little portable packets if you need it away from home.

If that doesn't work to decrease your discomfort, then you CAN try ye olde Preparation H, becuz this could just be a hemorrhoid that has swollen up and torn, very common, and if you put that ointment on there, it'll shrink the hemorrhoid and you would get instant relief.  Follow the directions on it as to when to put it on and so forth.  But that's just a backup and it may not work.

Again, as to WHAT it is, that's for the doc, lots of things could be wrong, but I think the KY should make your life a little easier until you can get to him.
Thanks. I have to go back to the doctor about this stinging. It hurts to do anything. I tried a few other things and all they did was make my insides worse. I'll try the KY. I hope your ok though,.
Yeah, the KY will help, let us know if it does.  I do think you have an inside hemorrhoid, tho.  They will sting and sting, so that's why the jell helps.  You may need to sort of poke it up in there.  Or you could try one of those pre-prepared enema bottles, and after you have a good bowel movement, squirt that up in there, it will rinse and clean that hemorrhoid, and then push some of that KY jell up in there until you feel relief.  It can't be far up there, just might feel like it is.  And most definitely it was the antibiotics that did this to you, they dry out waste and make it hard.  To counteract what those pills did to your digestion, drink more water, exercise regularly, and eat a little more fiber foods, AND get some "probiotics" in you from Acidophilus milk or Activia yogurt or you can get a pill form from the health food store.  Hang in!
Thank You so much. I still feel these little painful,stinging and burning lumps inside anal verge. I did check like you said. I have a few of those painful lumps. 24 hrs a day of stinging,burning and painful stinging bm's.
I sure hope the doc i see in a week or so can help. It's ruined my life.
Sitting,stanging and walking hurt. Lying on my sides eases the pain a little.
I hop that's all I have are hemorroids (hemorrhoids). I'm so worried. I do eat alot of healthy foods and alot of water.
I have hemmarhoids and the rectal pain also, and blood in my stool.  I think Hydrocortisone helps a little but kind of difficult to apply and the pain keeps coming back with the blood
Is there something you can do to cure hemmarhoids?  if you use creams enough will they go away?  I wish my GI doctor had just surgically removed them now or give me heat therapy
ill,
Hemorrhoids come and go, according to how your digestion works.  If you tend to get constipated, it'll make them flare up.  Follow the advice I gave mj on eating, in the last sentence of my last post.  Any hardish stool will hurt you, so you want waste to be softer, which my tips will help it.
I have this one small lump just to the left in the anal verge that stings so badly when my poop hits it!
I'm so much in pain because of it. It feels raw when the poop slides on it. It's inside the anal verge. Driving me insane. Is this lump a hemorrhoid?
I also had blood.
I noticed that the KY jelly is best but vaseline makes this bump sting so much more!!!! If his bump just inside my anus will stop stinging all day and when I have a BM, I'll be happy. I want to cry from this stinging all day. UGHHH
I'm having the same issue right now. minus the blood. last night and this morning I had a horrible BM which is causing me so much pain right now. all it does is have a sharp continuous sting. I wish it would go away I'm sure it's nothing major that I don't have to go to the doctor. but any advice will help me. I look forward to your answers. a little f.y.i before all of the jokes. I am engaged to a woman, that definitely eliminates any funny boy gay business
Hi Kuntry1987,

Did you visit the doc? HOw is your pain now? Even I am suffering with the same pain. First it was to the left and now to the right. I am really worried.