Gastroenterology Community
Intense Cramps in Left side of Abdomen
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intense Cramps in Left side of Abdomen

I experience intense stomach cramps 1-2 times a day, in the left side of my abdomen. They usually last about 10 minutes. When they stop, the cramped area feels warmer than normal. My bowel movements are pretty normal, and I don't experience any other symptoms along with the cramps. Any idea what this could mean?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
753743_tn?1234364743
Do you have heavy or painful periods? The reason I ask is that this may be Gyno related. Is this 1-2 times a day every day of the month or is it just a week or so a month. You really were very general.
The descending colon runs along the lateral aspect of the LUQ to the LLQ. So it could, at this point be almost anything. You could have anything from constipation to ovarian cysts. Or you could have nothing.
If you are in your late 30s to early 40s you should understand that at this point you start to hurt more and at times you may feel like you're falling apart.
So my point is pay closer attention to what happens right before or right after and maybe what you're eating and then post again with more specific symptoms.  
Blank
I used to get pain in the left side of my abdomen.  I found out that stool was getting stuck there.  If this continues, go see a Gastroenterologist.  He will do a lower GI.  They might even do a colonoscopy.  It could also be endometriosis.  Again, if it continues, see a GI doctor.  Good Luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...