Gastroenterology Community
Intense Stomach Pain when drinking alcohol
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Intense Stomach Pain when drinking alcohol

Im am a 24 year old male and have been drinking alcohol mainly on weekends, occasionally once during the week, since I was about 15.  I usually drink 12-20 beers in a night and my stomach will feel fine.  I used to also drink hard alcohol such as whiskey and vodka, but don't anymore.  I had been able to drink anything with no problem until I was 19 the first time i had a stomach pain,, I had about three whiskey drinks and almost immediately after had very sharp intense stomach pain at about my bellybutton. I tried to eat, drink water, and even throw up, but nothing would cure it, so i layed on my bed rollling around in pain which lasted a total of about 20 minutes.  After that I still had drank hard alcohol and about once every five sessions I would experience the same pain that would still last about 20 minutes.  It progressively got worse through about four years til I'm at the point to where If I try to drink hard alcohol i am almost guaranteed to experience the piercing pain, yet I can still have 12-20 beers in one night and feel fine,, What could this be.. I'm not looking for a cure so I can keep drinking hard alcohol,, but I am curious of what these symptoms may be?