Gastroenterology Community
Intestinal problems for toddler

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Intestinal problems for toddler

We have a 22 mos. old who has had diarrhea, mucus, in stool for wks, then stopped temporarily, started again.
Very foul smell, mostly green in color, mucus and now a fever. This has gone on for 1 1/2 mos. We stopped milk just in case, that didn't help. She is on gatorade, bland diet, and in between this had a sinus infection and took amoxicillin for 10days. Her fever went up to 102.9 is coming down with motrin/tylenol in between. Stool was tested for parasites. I wanted her checked for c-dif but they didn't do that. I could have been exposed to it. So what else do we do or look for and how much longer can she go undiagnosed? Also, antibiotics probably won't be good for her either, correct? Something is obviously causing the fever and she now has a cough, loose.
my twin boys (26 mos. old) have been doing something very similar over the last 3 weeks. Diarrhea, mucus, foul smell, foul gas, more pale yellow smell. No fever, normal appetite, normal behavior (except for the diaper rash that the foul diarrhea gives). As soon as the BM hits their skin, it immediately burns and leaves it really red. I get it off of them immedietely, so I don't know why it burns them up so bad. I took the twin who had the most symptoms to the doctor twice-first time they said it was a viral stomach bug (he did throw up twice). 2nd time-they suggested the same-a stool culture. That was today and he hasn't gone since. But my other twin is starting back up again. If they wake up again with it, I will take the culture from either one and wait a week for the results. Let me know if you know anything. My boys do have many food allergies, so I monitor their diet like crazy, so this has REALLY got me stumped. My daughter never did anything of the sort.
my son 14 months is having the same thing.  horrible diaper rash after poop to the point he kicks cause he doesnt want we to wipe with baby wipes.  i went to dr and no parasite.  he too, has no fever or vomiting.  he did become wuite gassy due to the constant BM's.  His stool has these dark colored things in it similar to a blue berry but he is not eating anything like that.  this concerns me.  and the mucous is very much.