Gastroenterology Community
Intussusception and rectocele

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Intussusception and rectocele

I have grade 2 intussusception and grade 3 rectocele.  I am having problems with pressure in bowel, constipation even though my stools are very soft.  I have back pain as well and may have an enterocele but not sure yet.  
Please can you tell me what I can do to relieve the back pain which is bad now all the time and worse when on the toilet or sitting.  Also, there is little info on intuss in adults.  Any info on operations to help would be great.
Why do I get back pain with this as well?  I am so fed up with it and wish to know if it can be put right.  Please help.  Thank you
Are you actually having an intussusception or is it really rectal prolapse? Does the rectal lining pooch out through your anus (prolapse)? If this is what is going on there are several operations that are performed with excellent results.
My rectal prolapse bulges into my vagina and is grade 3 and is visible from the outside but does not protude outside my vaginal opening ( it does seem to be getting worse though)  and my intuss was discovered by proctogram and is grade 2.  Whether I have a dropping of the rectum inside  which I think is called a rectal prolapse or not I am not sure but have not been told this so far.  Can an intuss be operated on successfully and or done with a rectocele op as well?  Please can you tell me why I get the back pain so much and how I can help this.
I also have constipation, difficulty on emptying bowel, mild cycto/urethrocele and bloating of abdomen plus large amounts of very unpleasant gas.  
I appreciate your time and help on this matter.  Thank you
I would think that addressing the rectocele/cystocele first would be appropriate. This is typically done vaginally and basically reapproximates some of the pelvic floor to support the rectum and bladder. The intussusception that you describe would most likely require resection of a portion of the colon. It is not clear whether this is contributing much to your symptoms currently so I would think that addressing the other issues first and observing would be in order.