Gastroenterology Community
Irregular Bowel Movements
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Irregular Bowel Movements

I was diagnosed with kidney stones in January of this year and I'm still battling the side effects. I'm currently taking Detrol LA and celexa for anxiety with feeling the urgency to go urinate and only having a little come out. More recently I have finally seemed to handle my urination frequency but now my bowel movements are completely all over the place.  I may have two or three movements a day or I may go about every hour or so.  For example, last night I felt I needed to go, but couldn't go until this morning about 8 am. Then I've gone at least 5-6 times today.  The firs two times I had a rather large bowel movement and the rest were very small and hardly anything there. But it makes me more anxious when I'm trying to travel, even as little as 10-25 miles!  I recently spoke with a local NP and she told me to increase my fiber and take metamucil. So I have been taking metamucil capsils at night I began about a week ago with one capsule per night and then in the past three days I have been taking 2 every night.  What else can I do?  I'm soo frustrated and this is really affecting my life and my job!  I'm open for any suggestions at this point - I just feel miserable and unable to do anything spur of the moment like I used to be able to before any of this came along.  HELP!