Is chest tightness common after gall bladder surgery?
Had gall bladder surgery last Tuesday (a week ago today) and my chest is a little tight. Stuff kind of caught in my throat.

I find myself clearing my throat a lot. But more in the chest.

From the Anesthesia?

Does anyone know if this is common after any surgery or gall bladder surgery?
Yes this could be from the anesthesia - you should be drinking a lot of fluids as well. If you still have problems in a couple of more days I would go see the doctor. Do you have a follow-up appointment?
Yes

Tuesday of next week (2 week appt.) He should clear me to go back to work then.

I talked to my mom and she said she always felt like this after surgery. Just to keep working my breathing and drink fluids.
After my surgery the hospital gave me a breathing thing - I don't know what it's called but it's a tube you blow into and they told me to keep doing this to exercise my lungs. I didn't do it all of the time, but it may have helped.
Yes that will help greatly. I don't know if this happened to anyone else after gallbladder surgery, but I can remember the next day after the surgery I coughed up pink stuff ( I know gross), but this scared me and thank god the surgery nurse called me the next day at home to ask how I was doing and I mentioned this pink stuff and she said it was the anesthesia. What a relief to know that this was all it was!
I have been coughing up brown stuff, and also tight wheezing in my chest. Hurts my chest and  lungs when I take deep breaths. I have had surgerys before and they always send me home with a tube thing to do deep breathing with. Nobody gave me one this time nor did anyone tell me to take deep breaths and cough. I have always been warned about pneumonia in past surgerys and this time I felt that the hospital was lacking in not only care but knowledge.