Is it possible?

I'm asking this question on behalf of my boyfriend, who probably wont ever go the doctors with this! Daniel (my boyfriend) was born with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. It was operated at very young, and Daniel obviously doesnt remember anything. Hes in perfect health (other than a bad ankle sprain) and mainly refuses to go the doctors. Hes 21 now, and has never had any digestive problems until the past year or 2. It started with really bad abdominal pains, severe constipation, and frequent vomiting. Every so often these problems quieten down for 2/3 weeks at most. So for help without him going the doctors: He started eating extremely healthy and exercising. He has never been over weight or anywere near, but the past few months, he has been experiencing reflux of food. No acid problems (like myself who has had a hiatus hernia for 2 years), but continuous vomit. And not even projectile, just like food leaking up his easophagus without him gagging. My main question here is, after being born with a hiatus hernia, and it being sorted so long ago, is he at a higher risk of developing one again? Or are the chances of him developing another hernia slim? And any suggestions with the abdominal pain, bloating and constipation? It seems to be worsened by bread, pasta, and spicy food? Maybe some sort of food allergy?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Yes it probably is at a higher risk of a hernia.  It could be many different things through and I think he really does need to see a doctor about this.