Is this Candida infection?
I was diagnosed with IBS-C - I had plenty of gas and occasional constipation. Lately, I started having a lot of distention in upper abdomen. Stomach was tight and bloated the entire day, making life painful. Doc ordered a CT scan, in which they diagnosed diverticulosis. He put me on antibiotics to prevent diverticulitis - the theory was that infection could be causing the gas. Things are worse now. I'm miserable - the stomach distends to two extra sizes. I have also been put on fiber to help abosrb gas. But I'm simply not passing the gas - it seems to be stuck in the upper abdomen area.

I read somewhere that this could be candida infection... especially, the upper abdomen distention..

Any clues?
Upper abdominal distension causes include:
- H. pylori infection of the stomach Dx: urea breath test
- small intestinal bacterial overgrowth Dx: breath test with lactulose

Before these tests, you can try "Low-fodmap diet" (search online).

If you'll develop fever, lower left abdominal pain and barnyard smelling gas, have a stool test for Clostridium difficile toxin.

Candida does not likely cause infection in the stomach or small intestine.
Thanks Boron. I was basing my comments on this thread I came across. Similar symptoms..they do talk about Candida as a very probable cause. I took the Candida checklist test (though I think you can mold your symptoms to fit any condition!) .. did score a "most likely" on it.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Gastroenterology/gas-bloating-abdominal-distention-water-retention/show/234605

http://cassia.org/candiscussion.htm
You can get your stool tested at your docs office.  Mine has and it came back with a heavy overgrowth of candida albicans.  I have been on probiotic align culturelle and nystatin swish and swallow.  It has helped. You could also try a diet with limited breads and no sweets with water only to drink. It helps to get rid of yeast.  You may want to also get a stool test for c diff to rule that out since you were on antibiotics.