Is this normal or the exception
I had Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (gall bladder) on 6.29.11.   Since then I have had severe burning pain in the general area where my gall bladder was, which is hypersensitive.   Today, the incision that was made to extract the gallbladder has  nickel (if not larger) size hard knot in it.    I also felt a pea size knot on one of the other incisions.  Is this normal or the exception.   In everything that I have read, my recovery process has not be expediently or as quick as it has been made out to be. I had an emergency visit with the surgeon on yesterday (7.7.11) he examined my abdomen briefly but only in the area which I described the pain, he did not check my incisions nor did he remove the sterile strips.  I had mentioned to him that on Sunday ( 7.3.11),  I felt like I pulled something  and saw bright red blood under this same incision that has the large knot, but he did not check it.   Can you please provide me with some information brief synopsis of my current health.   I suffer with seasonal allergic rhinitis and vasomotor rhinitis.  Prior surgeries  C-sections 1981 and 1989 and exploratory surgery in 1992 so I have a lot of abdominal scar tissue, in addition to Adenomyosis.

This discussion is related to Post Gallbladder surgery pain..