Is this swelling and hardness around 1 of my Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy incision normal after 10 days?
I had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy 10 days ago and i have been moving about quite well, however since removing my dressings on day 6, i have noticed some swelling and hardness around the incision next to my navel incision. The swelling isnt directly under the incision to the right of my body but it is between the navel and stretches past the right incision almost to my back. The area affected is also covered with bruising. Is there anything to worry about? I dont have a fever, have been eating well, taking ibuprofen and co-codamol to ease any pain. The only problem i have is that it is tender to touch.
Yes i had the same thing, feels like ball inside almost.., my surgeon told me in advance this could happen, but it went away...you will see your surgeon soon for followup just get him to double check it.
Thanks for the reply. Did your surgeon mention what it was? I think its scar tissue/collected of blood and fluid build up but not sure. Im in UK and they dont have follow up appointments over here. Im going to book an appointment to see my GP and hopefully he will say its normal.