Gastroenterology Community
Is this the symptom of gastroparesis?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this the symptom of gastroparesis?

Hello

I can't digest foods properly and they are remaining in my stomach too long and I have no appetite many times and often live on liquids and soups .aftrer a complete meal , my stomach is completely messed up and then I have problem even with liquids.Not other symptoms of gp is seen:no pain, no reflux, no bloating, no vomiting, no diarrhae, no early fullness after begining eating. no docs here in Iran could have detected my illness and there are not any test for detection of gp here.

My question is , can my illness be caused by gp or other factors may be involved?
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Do you not have gastric emptying scans in Iran?  Yes, it sounds like your problem might be gastroparesis.  Have you tried eating a low-fiber, low-fat diet and many small meals throughout the day?
Blank
Hi  patient915

Yes we don't have gastric emptying test in Iran. I 'm on a low-fiber, but not low fat diet because I don't have any problem having a high - fat meal.
And I divide my food into small meals,too.Need to say that I'm not always having the disorder , on rare occasions , even after getting my illness so sever, all of sudden I get better and I can eat even substantial solid&liquid foods(1000- 2000 calories) throughout a day , yet, most of the times I 'm on a liquid and small meal diet ,and so continue to lose my weight .and when I start to eat,and in spite of feeling full( my stomach may be empty,though) unless I fear that I'm messed up,  I do like to continue to eat, that is, no early fullness.

Thanks.

Blank
Gastroparesis is not usually an off-and-on disorder and if it only comes occationally, then it probably isn't gastroparesis.  Have you tried any medications for this?
Blank
yes, I have been on Reglan(luckily without any side effects for me) which i got a little results and Domperidon, Eritromycin,which didn't get t much help.mu doc prescribed Colorofac retard which didn't work ,too. I also had endoscopy and ct scan each twice within tree months ago and everything was O.K
Blank
It sounds like you don't have gastroparesis.  I would recommend you ask for a barium swallow test or an upper GI small bowel followthrough.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...