Gastroenterology Community
Itching and slight bleeding

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Itching and slight bleeding

I at times have anal itching and a slight bleeding after #2. The bleeding is very minuet, a few specks on the paper but the itching is annoying (and probably causes the bleeding as i rub it a bit). What could be tormenting me so?
50 million Americans have what you got, hemorrhoids.  It comes from straining, the tissues there swell up and bleed sometimes and itch like crazy.  Constipation is often the culprit at work, which exercise, extra water, and enough fiber in your food will help that along, and if you drink alcohol, cut back to a glass of wine per day with a meal becuz your guts can't handle the hard stuff or beer.  To make them hurt less and heal up in addition to the above healthy lifestyle, put plain KY jelly on there after every shower for a month, to ease irritation, and get some Preparation H like on TV and put that on there once a week, which shrinks them.  I think you'll feel better real soon, but they do reoccur all thru life, ain't no big thing, no worse than a sore toe, really, and we all get that.  Obviously if they don't get better, visit a family doc and they'll give you a better ointment and also can draw blood to make sure you don't have an intestinal infection.