Just had gallbladder surgery, now in pain, what do I do?
I had my gallbladder removed 7 days ago. Now every time I straighten my back even a little, or if I press on the site,  I have this sharp, stabbing pain in the incision below my ribs. Also, I feel this little lump right above the same incision site. The only thing that's stopping the pain is if I stay very still and I'm hunched over which is causing my back to hurt a little. Can this wait until tomorrow or should I go to the ER? What should I do?
Sorry to hear about your pain. I had no similar experience with my gallbladder/appendix operation, but mine was back in 1985 when it was not done laproscopically. I would call my physician or even the ER for their advice. If being staight hurts, you might try sleeping in a recliner so that you aren't as straightened as when laying down to make through the night until you can see your Dr.
Will say a prayer for you tonight...hope all will be well with you.
Thank you for the advice and the prayer.
I had a laproscopic gallbladder removal and felt quite fine after 3 days just couldnt lift heavy,,sounds like it could be a problem with the sphictor they leave in i would cal dr,,this oain sounds abnormal and too intense,l