Kidney pain, left side.. Blood in stool..
I'm not really sure I put this question in the right place, but I didn't see a section for kidney related questions... anyways... I am almost 24, mother of a 4 year old. For the past 4 or 5 months, I have has severe pain in my left kidney, and my urine smells like... well, urine that has been sitting for a long while... and I also have blood in my stool (sometimes) when I go.. I can tell that its coming from inside my body... I just dont know why... It really has me worried, and I would like to know if anyone has any advice, or maybe could give me an idea of what could be going on... I do plan to go to the doctor about it, I just have to wait and save the money to go... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.. God Bless.

This discussion is related to flank pain..kidney? Bowels?.
blood in the stool could be..diverticulitis..chron's...IBD...bad diet with low fiber..

I'd get into a doctor ASAP..on the urine, if it's cloudy it might have white blood cells in it..if it's just smelling yucky you could be dehydrated of some sorts but yeah for sure get into a specialist or family doctor asap.  You might be dealing with a combination of problems from a UTI/Kidney infection (something you don't put off..) or some form of chron's or something..first test would be a simple urine test and then probably be sent off to a GI specialist for your blood in the stool situation.  Sometimes Imagine might pick up your problem as well if it's colitis or something like that..  the blood in the stool..the darker the blood the higher up the colon/intestine the problem is generally so if it's bright red it's near the end..if it's super dark black or black stools it's an ulcer in the stomach ect..

In the meantime i'd go suuuper easy on diet..bland blah..easy to digest (yogurt,applesauce) and i'm not sure i'd do fiber until you figure out what's going on..a simple urine test will tell if you have some urinary problem but you're probably facing a colonoscopy to figure it out.  Good luck and congrads on being a mother :)

*my i'm not a doctor .02 advice...
heck could be a kidney stone.. flank pain..anyway yeah get into your doctor :S
I have the same problem.
I'm 28
Bright red blood clots in toilet, from anus area.
Sore/complaining kidney
Dizziness
Headaches
And nausea.
What is going on?