Knot in lower abdomen
I have had a knot in the lower left side of my abdomen for about 6 months now. When I really started paying attention to it I realized that is is always there but becomes very painful during menstration.  It is so sore that the skin around the area on the outside is sensitive also. When I stand up it takes my breath away a little bit, and I am just wondering if this is normal during mestration? The knot never goes away though, and it has not always been there. Help please...beginning to worry.
After 6 months of pain, and having it become worse, you should be worried.  How about seeing your gynecologist?  At the very least, see your family doctor.  Obviously something is going on that shouldn't be, so instead of wondering and worrying, go find out what it is and do something about it.  :-)
I have similiar problems,  only it isn't during menstruation that it hurts,  it just becomes sore & hurts at random.  I also have the thing where the skin around the area gets sore to the touch.  I have had lots of tests,  nothing has showed up so far.  I have it on both sides,  though,  not just on the left.  Does it seem like it gets bigger or harder when it hurts?  I wish I had some answers for you,  but I am still searching for them myself.  But if yours seems to flare up only when you are menstruating,  I am thinking it may definately be a gynecological issue,  and you definately ought to see a gynecologist.
yes, actually at first I didnt notice it only being during menstration, but I wasnt really paying much attention so I cant be sure. Also, the area surrounding it is very sensitive to the touch when it hurts..like almost feels slightly burned. And it also seems that it is a bit larger when it flares up. SOunds very similar, but I guess that means I wont be getting any asnwers either :( I set up a doc appointment in 5 days so we will see. I will post back if I get any answers. Thanks
To everyone above who posted.

omg sounds so similar to me, i have just finished my menstrual cycle and i am in real achy pain only on my right side, above pelvic bone on my side both front & back,  It burns like sunburn & heat to touch,  I have had an iileac artery, kidney/bladder scan with nothing showing up.  I went back to doctor and i was sent for an ovaries & womb scan, all clear there too,   It hurts so badly and i really dont know why, feels like muscle pain ache. drives me nuts.