Gastroenterology Community
Knot on Left side Under Rib Cage -Painful
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Knot on Left side Under Rib Cage -Painful

Hello~ I am 34 fixing to be 35. I just read the  post below i copied. It has been closed.  I am SO HAPPY to have found somebody who has the same thing I am going through. I mean when I read the story I felt like I wrote it. Can you please tell me what you found out!
I went through EXTENSIVE tests in 2004 and they never found anything.  I had 2 gall bladder tests, a vaginal ultrasound, a total body scan, a CT scan, I had the dye run, I had a colonscopy, a endoscopy and they even sent me to a bone doctor. The last time I went to my dr, I was very upset and crying. I told him I was tired of going through all the test and they all coming back normal. I was not crazy and I knew it was something. You can feel the "knot" and its in the SAME place yours was/is.  Do you know he released me saying it was a severe pulled muscle. To rest, and take a anti-flam medicine for pain. It's been almost 4 years, and I have dealt with is best as possible. The pain is coming pain more stronger. I am having all the symtoms (symptoms) again. Loss of appetite, tired all the time, nausea but never vomiting and losing weight.  I just called the hospital and my past doctor to get copies of all my records.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could I have crohns diesease?
by dre, Dec 22, 2002 12:00AM
Tags: crohn's, barium, bowel, cramps, diarrhea, intestines, pain, sigmoidoscopy, spasms, stool, crohn's, barium, bowel, cramps, diarrhea, eating, intestines, pain, scared, sigmoidoscopy, spasms, stool, treatment, Crohn's Disease, 4 year old
I have severe pain in the left side of my stomach. I have gotten to where I am scared to eat. I have such bad cramps that they wake me up in the middle of the night. I feel like my stomach is going to bust sometimes the cramping is so huge. While this is happening, my stomach is making loud gurgling noises on the left side. I have had a sigmoidoscopy and a barium enima, and stool studies that came back normal. The pain to use the restroom is almost intolerable-- I feel like I may die on the toilet. I am scared because the pain in my left side never goes away now. It feels like a knot under my lower left rib. The stomach spasms have gotten more regular and I am getting to where I dread eating. Do you have any advice? I am a 34 year old female. Could this be crohns disease?

This discussion is related to Could I have crohns diesease?.