LATERAL INTERNAL SPHINCTEROTOMY
I had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy last monday. My dr. didnt give me very much details about the surgery. Just that it was a simple cut that needed to be made. Afterwards I read more about the surgery and didnt like what i read.

My question is since they cut the internal sphincter muscle... does this make your anus "lose"
The spincter muscle is cut to relax the muscle so that the anal fissure heals.  I had my surgery on Nov. 11th.  Still having issues with some pain, but the pain meds are working well.  I'm not sure how long all of this will take to heal, but I'm glad the surgery is behind me now.  I have suffered for almost a year.  
Bryan, my first sugery occured 3½ years ago, I can tell you things haven't been the same ever since, I was 40y/o at the time, sadly the intense pain returned and I just had another surgery 4 days ago, I can tell you about my experience, I can't lift anything, I can't over extert myself because I feel the "strain" starting in that area, of course doctors and my loved ones think I'm imagining these sensations... So I wish YOU luck, try and take it easy until you get used to any different feelings.....