LIVER LESIONS
Hello to All,
I have a few questions in hopes maybe someone could shade some light on my Liver MRI Results.

In 1999 I had a liver biopsy that came back with early cirrhosis, yet, my Gastro said even tho the biopsy said "early cirrhosis" that I did not have cirrhosis yet but was ont he vergue of it starting. My ALT & Ast's have staied in the 40's range, slightly elevated. As of 2006 all liver enzymes are all in normal range.

September 2006 I had an MRI of the liver showing a 8 mm lesion on the right lobe.

Here is my results of the Liver MRI.
FINDINGS:
  The liver demonstrates a single 8 mm well-circumscribed lesion within the right lobe demonstrating low T1 and homogeneous high T2 consistent with a cyst. The liver is otherwise homogeneous in unenhanced signal. There is no intraheptic biliary dilatation.

The spleen, adrenals and pancreas are normal in appearance. The gallbladder is not identified and presumed surgically absent. The kidneys are normal in appearance without hydronephrosis. The visualized thoracolumbar spine demonstrates normal marrow signal.

IMPRESSION:
1. Limited examination of the liver without intravenous gadolinium administration.
2. Subcentimeter hepatic cyst with the right lobe.

ArkAyngyL
Has your doctor not suggested a biopsy of this liver lesion?

With only one lesion, a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy can be easily done to determine what the lesion is. Have you asked your doctor about that?  I wasn't aware cirrhosis had anything to do with lesions of the liver so I would think that it needs to be checked out further.

I have numerous lesions and have had a US and CT guided FNA with only fatty liver change showing despite an MRI saying, "most likely metastatic disease."  I had melanoma 16 years ago. I do not fit the typical fatty liver patient and other imaging's have not concluded if they are cancer or not. I will have a laparoscopic biopsy next week to find out for sure.

Good luck to you.
I had an ultrasound and hida scan, to check my gallbladder. The results came back I had 6cm liver lesion. Had an MRI came back normal. My question is what do I need to do now? What do I need to ask my dr? Where did the lesion go? Please help
Same thing here. had a couple of very small ones.  I freaked out at first when he told me about them. I was instantly like oh my gosh i'm gonna die all young and started thinking suicide. I had an ultrasound later on and they had disappeared too. I didn't do anything after that. I'm getting alot of pain in my liver area. Bloodwork is normal hell great even. Weirdest stuff. Found it could be a related to my hiatal hernia though. If you are in any pain get an endoscopy if your MRI showed up normal. Never know HH are not very uncommon unfortunately.
Hello, just wondering how are you doing now? Did you figure everything out? Were you in alot of pain? I have the same problem going on. Very freaked out.