Gastroenterology Community
Lazy Stomach - whats to eat

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Lazy Stomach - whats to eat

I have been clinically diagnoised with "lazy stomach - gastroparesis".  Where can I find a list of foods i need to avoid and a list I can eat.???

I'm like starved all the time, but eat and then my gut hurts.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  A lot of gastroparesis is figuring out what foods you can tolerate, and what foods you can't.  Most people will find that a very low fiber diet (you can google this for a list of foods that are higher in fiber and that you shouldn't eat), a very low-fat diet, and eating many small meals throughout the day is helpful.  Also some people puree all the food they will eat and only eat pureed foods.  Some people also have an only liquids diet, but this is usually short term.
There's a general recommendation list at gicare.com. You might want to take a quick look at it.