Leakage After Bowel Movements
For over two months I have been having what I refer to as leakage after every bowel movement. My BM's are formed but soft and they are followed with a messy liquid when I wipe. The liquid does not drip out or anything, I just notice that it takes a lot of paper to wipe myself clean. After wiping myself clean I will leave and usually after only a few minuets pass I feel a wetness in the anal area and need to return to wipe again. It's never pieces of stool that I need to wipe, just a liquid that usually looks just like the prior bowel movement I had. This continues for hours after the bm but is almost always eliminated with taking a shower and running warm water over the anal area. I am 30 years old and there is no fmaily history of colon cancer or other problems that I am aware of. I was taking an antibiotic at the time this began but I was only on it for 9 days and this problem has continued for well over two months. I have seen my GP twice for this and he had stool samples checked for blood and some infections and everything came back normal. He also suggested a diet high in fiber and taking a fiber supplement which I have been doing with no signs of improvement. He sent me to see a Gastoenterologist this past week and my symptoms had the doctor a little baffled. Of course as with the past two visits with my GP, he also did a digital rectal exam and said he felt nothing abnormal. He made an appointment to use a scope to take a look at the lower part but said he doesn't think I have anything serious. I have been searching the web for weeks trying to find information on my symptoms but I have had very little luck. It seems like I have a problem that isn't very usual! I just started taking probiotics but I have seen no change yet. Anyone out there ever heard of anything like this?
Prior to all this, did you ever have constipation?  What sometimes happens is a "ball" of stool gets lodged and can't move, as a result some stool remains liquid and goes around it, resulting in anal leakage.  This is common in children.  You can try giving yourself an enema, and if this doesn't work, an untrasound or xray would show if your have impacted stool. It's not serious, just the leakage is difficult to deal with.  Take care....
Yup. Same issues here but without taking antibiotics prior. I also noticed that most of my movements are flat. I've set an appointment recently to see if there is a correlation between the two. In the mean time I've found that not spending so much time on the toilet (15-20 minutes) helps a lot! I don't know why but for some reason spending less time on the toilet, even if you feel like you may not be empty helps with the seepage problem. I am a 30 year old male in fair shape.
I have the same problem and it can be embarrassing....I have had a colonoscopy and testing and no answer as yet.  
I have this exact problem.  Never had it before I took cefuroxime for a stubborn lung infection.  The diarrhea with cefuroxime was so severe it caused bleeding and uncontrollable bowels.  A colonoscopy showed nothing.  Now what?

I am 57 and have had this for about 2 years now ,I cant find any answers either I do  have IBS but I cant see why it would be any different ,HAS ANYONE GOT ANY HELP TO  STOP THIS LEAKAGE  thank you
Had this for a few years, leaking after bowel movement and stumbled across this article that mentioned about being on anti-biotics causing this, I thought it was due to surgery after a pile removal so I did all the hospital visits to no avail, I've been taking Yakult after meals and it has 99% sorted the problem out for me, I've not tried supermarket own brands but maybe they would be sufficient, I hope I've helped someone with this as I normally do not comment. A
Have had this problem for a while now and even after a shower it continues also it has started. Leaking into my vagina can anyone help
I have had Fistula surgery, which during surgery nicked my Sphincter Muscle, I have tried everything, my Family Doc. suggested using Metamucil on a regular basis, in hope it would make that muscle stronger again, NO such luck. It is very frustrating, especially for a woman, who needs to make sure it does not leak into somewhere else
Does anyone ever get any answers from this site, or is it just a place to see we are not alone and to vent ??
I can help. I saw the comment asking if anyone ever helps on these forums. I just happened on here so I doubt I will be able to answer any questions as I probably won't come back here but I can definitely put most if not all of you on the right track. This is especially true for those who were taking antibiotics. I spent a year with gastroenterologist and MDs to no avail. I discovered my issue with massive study and help from a holistic practitioner. It is VERY common. For the issue being discussed you likely have an overgrowth of Candida, and likely resulting gut issues and SIBO. research it. There's tons of information on it out there. Google it. I'm sure you have other symptoms such as abdominal issues, insomnia, brain fog, and on and on.

Now here's what to do. You will start feeling better almost immediately and your Simpsons will start to disappear over the next few days and weeks. Stop eating sugar and simple carbohydrates that turn to sugar right NOW. No candy, cookies, pasta, bread, etc. No sodas. Or any fake sweeteners either. No fruit. No grains. Starting right now eat only preferably organic meats vegetables nuts and seeds. That's it. There are numerous anti candida diets to choose from. Pick one that uses the above criteria and stick to it. Go fruit free paleo, GAPS or SCD. You will start feeling better almost immediately. The leakage thing will subside within a week or two. If it doesn't you're either not sticking to the diet, or may have something more going on.
Then get yourself some unrefined coconut oil and eat a coupe or more tablespoons of that a day. You can sprinkle stevia or xylitol on it for taste. These are the only sweeteners allowed. Then consider other relevant supplements such as pau de arco, oregano oil, etc. You will learn about these through your research. AFTER starting the diet find yourself a good holistic practitioner. They can get you the proper testing etc that will help. You may have other issues contributing such as heavy metals. Etc. You may want to use meds such as Nystatin to speed things up.
START THE DIET NOW!!! If you're eating a candy bar while you read this. Spit it out. Take charge of your health. Candida overgrowth is serious and can kill. You have nothing to lose by at least starting the diet and see how you feel. It's the healthiest thing you can do. Sugar, dairy (oh yah no dairy) and grains are poison. Organic eggs are ok if you haven't developed a sensitivity to them yet. With candida you may. Drinks lots of clean water. NO TAP! chlorine. Fluoride. Etc. I could go on and on but you can and should learn the rest for yourself. Be tough and do this. Pray for help and strength. You will get better but it's up to you. Not a doctor.  I do this. I'm much better. You will be too. I would say good luck but you don't need it. You need guts. But you won't do it just for you. So do it so you can be there for your family who needs you. Do it for God who needs you to do some good on this earth. You can do it. Be strong.
I would like to add that if you are having these issues you really need to see a doctor. Candida is not the only thing that can cause this (far from it)! Candida overgrowth is very often part of a larger problem but getting sugar out of your life (it feeds candida) never hurt anyone. My gastroenterologist saved my life. So if you haven't yet call your doctor.