Leaky Gut Syndrome
I just did an intestianl permeability test for Leaky Gut Syndrome.  It came back as a severe case.  I am going to work with a clinical nutrionist, but I also want to see a gastroeterologist.  Does anyone know anything more about testing for this and treatment? I'd like to combine the nutrion with western medicne, but don't know if they even recognize it as anything.  Any info would help. thanks
I don't think that you will find a tradtional dr that believes that there is such a thing as leaky gut.  I too was diagnosised with this many years ago.  People who have this are told they also have yeast.  Yeast burrowing in your intestines is what usually causes the leaky gut.  The best book I know to help such a condition is The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates.  Ignore the therory about eating right for your blood type.  This is just a theory (as she says in the book) and one that is true nonsense.  Good luck!
I curious, what symptoms do you have.  Why do they think you have this?
I have very bad yeast.  I have had them fro about 20 years, but this past year I have had 9 yeast infections in 13 months.  When the clinical nutritionist heard my history, he orderd the intestinal permeability test.  Thanks for the advice.  I actually just got the Body Ecology Diet book.  Were you able to help your lgs following this diet?
I understand you wanting to use alternative medicine.  But look at your history.  For 20 years you have been having yeast infections and whatever you have been doing hasn't worked.  
You do need to see a gastroenterologist.

The problem with so many alternative medicine proponents is that or anything that we tend to latch onto, is not that they don't work, but that we often think that is the only way to go.  

Use them together.

Thanks, I have contacted a gastroenterologist and am waiting to hear back from him.  I hope to hear soon.  I emailed him and asked him if he treated it and told him about the yeast too. We'll see.
I'm not sure if I ever really had this.  But maybe I do.  I have had problems with yeast and food sensitivities for a long, long, time.  There is a guy in this GI forum who goes by, "frangul,"  Look for his post under, "Sharp Stomach Pains."  He said he got rid of his yeast by taking an herb (I think they were pellets) that a chinese doctor gave him.  They are called, Huo Xiang Zheng Qi Wan.  He gives the web site where they can be ordered.  I would try them (in fact, I think i will too) if I were you.  But remember this, DO NOT start an antifungal and then stop it before your yeast if all cleared up, or the yeast will grow stronger and more resistant.  This actually happened to me.  If you want to hear my story, I'll tell you.  Otherwise, I won't bore you with it.  Follow the body ecology diet as close as you can.  She talks about making raw cultured vegetables in there.  You MUST eat them, (and take a good probiotic like Primal Defense Ultra by Garden of Life.)but don't try to make them.  It's too hard.  You'll spend an entire day and end up throwing them away.  Most people tell me this.  Buy them from the health food store.  They are by Rejuventive Foods.  Try the salt-free Vegi-Delite.  Have you been on a perscription for your yeast infections?  And anti-fungal drug like Diflucan?  How many times?  
Have you ever tried douching with probiotic powder in the water?