Gastroenterology Community
Left Side Pain, Bloating

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Left Side Pain, Bloating

I have this re-occurring pain that is located on my left side right below my ribcage.  There are some points in my back where I can rub it and it hurts, but feels good, it's also good when I stretch, it feels better.  It's a constant aching pain, I am also really bloated. I am not sure what it is, I have had it for quite a few years though, I seen a doctor once and they thought it was my gall bladder, as the pain extends also in the front left side right under my breast, close to the sternum. This pain does not ache, it hurts when there is pressure put on it.  I dunno what else would be the problem, I am overweight, but this is something that has been happening for close to 10 years', seems to be since my daughter was born. Any ideas? I am in a lot of pain today, and could use some ideas to bring to my doctors.