Gastroenterology Community
Left side pain for 3 days now

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Left side pain for 3 days now

SO my problem has been going on for 3 days now and only seems to be getting worse. It started after I ate a bean burrito and assumed I was having a typical gas reaction that would pass by morning. But I woke up in the morning with my entire abdominal region feeling like it is in knots. Then on the 2nd day, the knots/pain has moved more north to under my rib cage... more like it's in the stomach area mostly. By the end of that day, it moved up to the left side of my chest and up to my collar bone. It feels worse when I shift positions while laying down, and when I get up after sitting or laying. On the 3rd day, it's all over the place... abdominals, stomach, left side of chest to collar bone. And when I breathe deeply, the pain is more pronounced due to the air intake causing the chest to expand. I'm paranoid it's a heart problem due to the left side of chest pain. I'm aware it could also be a GI issue, or something GERD related, if not GERD, except it's the first time I've ever had this... besides what was probably a heart attack a year ago (wasn't diagnosed though, but had all the symptoms of one). I recently bought some of those antacid chews to see if they help... assuming that if they do, it's just acid buildup. It's been 2 hours and no relief. I didn't want to buy the non-chew type of antacids though because they say not to take them if you're having pain on the left side in the chest/arm regions. I'm only 26 years old, I exercise 3-5x a weak, eat decently, don't drink often, and don't smoke. Any ideas?