Gastroenterology Community
Life threatening?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Life threatening?

For the past few months my abdomen has been swelling and not only that, it's also painful. It first start on the upper right side and then traveled and seemed to have settled on the left.
Whatever has my upper abdomen distended is rock hard and sometimes painful. I sometimes feels as if someone is blowing air into my organs like you would inflate a balloon.
I've taken many HPT and all were negatives, I had two vaginal ultrasounds one at four months of not having my period and the other this month and both showed nothing.
What could this be? Do you believe it's life threatening?
Thank you ahead of time for your responses.
Please contact your doctor or a gastro doctor ASAP. I had the same type of issues last fall and I was going Septic without even knowing it. It did land me in the hospital on major antibiotics for several days. They were not sure if I would make it or not. I was being prepped for surgery when it was decided that I wouldn't survive the surgery due to the infection in my body. I'm not saying we have the same thing and I'm not trying to scare you.. But we could. I was hyper-extended and white blood count was over 1800 and have had stomach issues and constipation issue for weeks. They told my husband that he needed to call the family home and quick. Please seek professional advise from someone that can see you in person and understands all of your medical issues instead of treating just a symptom. One month after my hospital stay I reentered the hospital for a scope surgery that was only going to take a look  and try to see what was really going on. I had three major adhesion's that had my stomach, intestines and colon all tied up and completely out of place in my body. No wonder I was overextended. Nothing was moving through my system at all. My issues were life threatening and I didn't even realize it. Learn from my mistake. Don't wait and think it will go away on it's on. If it was it would have already. Seek help and knowledge about what is happening with your body. Best of luck to you.        
It is probably not life threatening; these symptoms are pretty common.  I would try taking a medicine like gas-x to reduce the bloating.  I would also make an appointment to see your doctor and talk about getting a colonoscopy.  Have you been feeling constipated?
Thank you, Patient915.
Actually, I was "constipated" for a while because of the hemorrhoids. I do put a quotation mark around the word because I could go but refused to because it was extremely painful and I had rather wait until the pain reduced before going so I had a lot of build up.
I actually purchased a box of gasX softgels earlier today along with a colon cleanser in hopes that it'll help with the bloating and maybe make the bulge disappear.

Thank you so very much. I scheduled an appointment this week. I'll keep you all posted.