Lipoma and Abdominal Pain
I had an egg sized lipoma removed from my right abdomen on the belt line just a few inches outward of my belly button in June.  The pain did not get better and the surgeon removed a 2 X 2 X 5 inch lump of fat necrosis and scar tissue the first of October.  It still is not getting any better. The incision looks fine without any infection, but they cannot figure out why it still hurts a lot. What should I do? My surgeon doesn't know what to do and is having me play the "waiting it out" game.  I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's a 6/10 on the pain scale and the pain is all around the incision as well as extending 3 inches to the left just next to my belly button.  Should I get a second opinion with a specific type of surgeon rather than the general surgeon I'm going to? Will it help or will it just turn up more questions?  I also think I found two more on the left side of my abdomen by my left ovary that didn't start to hurt until I found them and started feeling and squishing them. I'm a 23 year old female in good health. I am overweight, although I've been that way all my life. Why is this happening? If this can be caused from being overweight, why is it just showing up?  I don't know what to do.  Please help!
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  I think that a second opinion would be a good idea.  Do the lipoma's cause you any pain if you don't touch them?
It does cause pain. The new ones feel like they're really bruised. I'm sure it doesn't help that they're on my belt line with my pants rubbing either.
But does it cause pain even if you don't touch it?
Yes it does.
Ok, thanks for clarifying this.  I'm not sure what is going on but I think a second opinion would be a good idea.