Gastroenterology Community
Little PIMPLES in mouth and THROAT

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Little PIMPLES in mouth and THROAT

I have these little pinpoint size pimple like things in my mouth and the back of my throat. I don't know whats causing them. I've been to my PCP and he had no idea, he took a swab and it came back normal. So he sent me to see a ENT and at first he said, he thought it might be my tonsils. My next visit he said, it wasn't my tonsils. He wasn't sure what it was or what was causing them. I went to see another ENT and he had no idea,he just wanted me to take large doses of steriods, but he told me that he didn't know if it would work, but I would probably gain alot of weight. Then he changed his mind and told me that I'd have to live with them. Could these pinpoint size pimples be caused by my GERDS, Barretts Esophagus, or even my IBS. I talk to my Gastroenteroligist about it ,but he just looked at my mouth and felt my stomach and never answered my question. Does anyone know the answer. I have been taking Nexium 40mg. for the last five years. It seems like these things flared up over night. My PCP tried antibiotics, but they are still there. They seem to get worse after I eat dinner. THEY ARE STARTING TO DRIVE ME CRAZY ! any help would be appreaciated.
It sounds to me like they could be canker sores, they are pimple like bumps that can sometimes be found in the mouth and they hurt, especially if you eat salty foods.

It could be GERD due to improper digestion and not being able to assimilate your food well, try a good acidophilus pro-biotic, this is a must actually for what you are describing, in some folks, it has done wonders.

I don't know why so many docs just give us a stupid stare, it is so disheartening, and it is rude to not answer your question, Geesh.
Isn't that what strep throat is supposed to look like?  I'm just thinking it sounds more viral.
I talked to my doctor about the Probiotic Acidophilus and he said, that I could just eat Yogurt. If this is true then the little pimples should be gone because I eat yogurt all the time.
I was already treated for strep throat and thats not it.
I have the same thing and still no answers.I think it may be an allergy to meds.A chemical reaction caused by meds.You say you take some meds for 5 years,well 8 now if you are still doing meds.I do oxy-neo and this all started when I started that med.So I have to really try to quite my pain pills because I am going nuts with headaches from coughing up stuff from my throat.Post something if you found out anything>>