Liver Lesions
A couple of weeks ago, I went to the hospital with severe diarrhea and vomiting.  During exam, I had mild abdominal discomfort, prompting an ultrasound.  Their findings were thickened gallbladder wall (3.5mm), reduced ejection fraction (27%) but no gall stones...so no removal.  And symptoms are now gone, suggesting possible food poisoning.  However, during the ultrasound, they reported one liver lesion, most likely an hemangioma.  However, during follow-up CT and MRI, they found 3 more lesions for a total of 4.  Three of them have the imaging features of hemangioma, but the 4th is "hyperintese to liver on T2 and hypointense on T1.  With immediate enhancement following gadolinium administration.  Given the degree of hyperintensity on T2, possibilities include atypical enhancement of a hemangioma versus FNH or adnoma.  No perilesional edema.  The lesion measured 2.5 x 1.3 cm in the CT but only 15 x 13 x 10mm in MR ("likely due to vascular blush").  

My questions: 1. Is there any way to rule out a malignant tumor based on the MR?  2.  The radiologist recommends waiting 3-4 months to see if there is a change.  Based on the low incidence of good outcomes with liver cancer, I don't want to wait for it to grow....are there better next steps or should I not be too concerned?

Thank you in advance.
These are questions you should take to your personal doctor and talk about. The next step, depending on where the lesion is located, would probably be a liver biopsy.