Gastroenterology Community
Liver lesions

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Liver lesions

What causes liver lesions & calculus of a kidney?  I also have very bad fatigue.

This discussion is related to Hepatic lesions on liver.
I am 34 yrs.old  with 4 kids. I went in for an ultra sound last week because I have had really bad abdominal pain,left pain by my rib cage,very sick feeling after eating, & fatigue. After my ultra sound the doctor came in to tell me they found 1 lesion on my left side of my liver and 1 on my right side. He wanted me to call my gastro up right away and let her know that I needed a contrast MRI. I have an appt. on Tuesday of next week. She will not order the MRI until she sees me. I have been so worried. How do they know by the MRI if it is not cancer? Should I ask certain questions? Do they tell you the results right after your MRI if the lesion doesn't look right? I could not imangine having to wait another week. The conclusion of the ultra sound said I had 2 hypoechoic lesions within the liver.They do not appear to reflect cysts or typical hemangiomas. What does that mean?Help with answers PLEASE. Thank You!
Sue, I do not know the answers to your questions, but I do know that a liver MRI with contrast is a very valuable study and will usually give them a lot of information, but may not be the last test you'll need.  (I've just been through something similar with a breast finding).  I'm not a doctor, but have just transcribed a lot of reports.  I hope the MRI answers all questions with good news, but if it is not definitive, one possible next step might be a liver biopsy.  The good news is that they can just stick a needle in instead of doing open surgery.  

I hope your news is good.  I'm sure there are many benign things it could be, but they have to make sure.  Mine turned out to be a precancerous condition, but it sure took a lot of steps to make sure that's "all" it is.  Hang in there.  

JUST FOUND OUT OF A LESION ON LEFT LOBE LIVER. HAVE BEEN HAVING PAIN FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS.ALSO HAVE LESIONS ON BOTH LUNGS ALL 4 LOBES. HAD THYROID REMOVED ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO DUE TO CANCER. CANN'T GET ANY ANSWERS FROM ANY ONE. JUST FOUND OUT YESTERDAY FROM DR. AT MY CLINIC. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY GI DR. TO RETURN MY CALL.
Very concerned, I was DX'd via U/S and MRCP, that I have an enlarged liver, been experiencing wt loss, diarrhea, fatigue. I have stricture of the CBD distally and 19mm of the proximal CBD, 6 mm lesion to right lobe, been also having abdominal pain for several months, pancreatic duct is slightly dilated but not prominant. They recommend an ERCP. Will this help? I'm very nervous and scared, my symptoms have been ongoing for awhile.

Elora
Ct Chest without contrast shows :
* hypodense fluid density lesions are seen in the left lobe of liver measuring 2.9 x 2 cm and 0.7 x 0.8 cm.
and in the impression remaks : Two small cysts in the left lobe of liver.

Please any comment if this can be a dagerous disease ( cancer )??
Thanks for all