Living with dysfunctional gall bladder without surgery
A HIPA scan revealed that my gall bladder is functioning at less than 2% ejection rate. I was having symptoms of a gall bladder attack for over a month, but they have subsided. I am not anxious to have surgery to remove my gall bladder. Are there any drawbacks to avoiding surgery and just trying to manage the occasional pain by watching my diet?
Get the Surgery! I don't know exactly what the drawbacks are but I can tell you that living with the pain is simply rediculous! The attacks WILL return and with time they will become more severe and you will regret waiting just like I did.

I had my gallbladder out 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. I'm in no pain at all and I don't have to fear that what I eat will keep me up with pain all night. The surgery was a piece of cake and I was home the same day. After approx 2 days of minor discomfort I was out and about living life pretty normal.

It's not worth the pain. I can all be over in just a few days!

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do...