Aa
A
A
Close
Loose bowels after colonoscopy complications
In late January of this year I had my first (and last) routine colonoscopy which resulted in a perforated colon ( and the loss of 6" of colon) and a ruptured spleen.  Since this ordeal, I have had loose bowels (3+ bowel movements a day) that vary between explosive watery, and oatmeal consistency, but never well formed feces.  I have a lot of intestinal gas and am now developing stomach gas as well.
It was suggested that I take FiberCon, but I am concerned as all I see regarding this product touts its laxative benefits, which I definitely do not need........
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi there. I know how you feel. I too had a colonoscopy in January this year as I was having rectal bleeding and had had anal fissure surgery in the past not to mention bowel cancer in the family. I am 40 and otherwise healthy. They found a small polyp which they removed and an internal hemorroid hence the bleeding. However, since then, I suffer with terrible gas and experience painful stomach cramps followed by the immediate need to find a loo fast. I then have explosive bowel movements. This is all very embarassing and problematic especially when I'm not at home eg in the middle of a supermarket!  I eat healthily including muslei every morning which I'm thinking of quitting in an attempt to control this problem.  My husband also had a colonoscopy as his mother recently had bowel cancer and rectal surgery to remove a large tumour. He was clear but now also has similar bowel movement issues. Is this a permanent side effect to colonoscopies?  We were never warned about any side effects.  Is there anything we can do to prevent these problems?      
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank