Gastroenterology Community
Loose stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Loose stool

Every morning and any other time really when I have a bowel movement it is always loose.  I didn't think it was diarrhea as my understanding is that would have me running to the bathroom and that doesn't happen.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  Diarrhea does not need to make you run to the bathroom to be considered diarrhea.  It sounds like you do have diarrhea.  I would recommend that you eliminate 100% of all lactose from your diet for at least 2 weeks to see if that helps.
Oh, okay.  I will try that then.  It'll be too bad in a way if it works, as I love milk and cheese.  Seems like when I turned 30 I became like that those old timers who talk about not being able to eat certain things anymore because they "don't agree" with me.  :-)