Loose/watery stool 30 minutes after a meal.
I'd like to thankyou beforehand for your advice or comments.
I have been suffering from diarreah for almost 15 days now., mostly loose/watery stool 20 or 30 minutes after each meal. The doctor prescribed Flagyl (metronidazole) after taking blood, urine and stool sample. He said blood and urine test looked normal., the stool test results  hasn' t been released yet. I have started to loose weight and started to feel mild pain in my lower back and legs. Is my doctor on the right track ? Is it a parasite my problem or could this be caused by something else like krohn disease or pancreatic problem ?   I really appreciate your comments. Thankyou for your help.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It seems strange that your doctor would prescribe an antibiotic without knowing what is going on.  You should start taking a probiotic to counteract the negative effects of the antibiotic.  I would wait for the stool sample to come back which might show what is wrong.  If it has only been going on for 15 days I doubt it is chron's disease.  Make sure you are drinking enough water and keeping your electrolytes up while this is going on.  I would also recommend seeing a gastroenterologist not just your primary care physician.
Your doctor is on the right track thing parasitic, because of the sequence of events you described.

Though Flagyl(metronidazole) is used for some parasites(mainly E hystolitica), the symptoms you are describing are more specific for G. lamblia, a microscopic, protozoan parasite. Some strands resistent to Flagyl.

The correct medication would be albendazole(generic name).

Your doctor is on the right track thinking parasitic, because of the sequence of events you described.