Lost peristalsis
I recently landed in the ER with terrible abdominal pain.  After many tests that came back normal I was diagnosed with contipation and sent home.  This happened 4 more times and ever since I have no peristalsis in my entire digestive tract.  I also developed vertigo during this ordeal.  I have had every test under the sun all came back normal except the swallow study which confirmed I have no peristalsis.  Eating is difficult and I can only move my bowels with laxatives.  Dr. has no interest in finding out what happened or why.  Just wants to medicate with Regland, a 1-800 Bad Drug, drug.  I am desparate for an answer.  Could this be neurological in nature.  I was seemingly fine before the day this happened.  I describe it as "Someone crawled up inside me with a knife, wreaked havoc, and now nothing works like it use to.  I'm worried about my esophagas.  It is doing the job of  my stomach.  It burns.  The dr. says to take acid reflux meds but I don't have reflux and I need to be able to digest my food properly.  I'm desparate
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It sounds like you have gastroparesis as one of your problems.  This is treated using Reglan which is basically safe if you take it only for the recommended amount of time which is 3 months.  You can also take domperidone for this but it is not legal in the US currently.  I would recommend trying acid reflux medications if you are having heartburn.