Gastroenterology Community
Lot of pressure by belly button

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Lot of pressure by belly button

I have alot of pressure around my belly button, my doctor said I have a hernia there,nothing he will do about it, till it gets bigger or painful, but i have really bad pressure every morning and periods through out the day, it's even hard to walk it's that much pressure.It is very very uncomfortable! There is no pain with it or anything.just alot of pressure, and it feels like my stomach is growing when this pressure happens, and I been gaining alot of weight.Can someone please relate to what I am going through?

April
When your stomach is distended, is it hard, or soft? Hard stomach is from gas. If you're gaining weight there may be a fluid in your abdomen (ascites), which is usually due to liver problem.

Do you burp or pass a lot of gass when you go on the toilet?