Low Globulin level
Has anybody with a liver problem ever had a low Globulin level without a corresponding drop in Albumin? I recently got back my most recent blood tests and they indicate an ALT of 48 with a limit of 35 and a globulin level of 1.9 with a low cutoff of 2.1. 2 years ago my globulin was 3.0. My Albumin is normal at 4.5, but my total protein is borderline low at 6.4 on a scale of 6.0 to 8.0. I'm wondering if I am dealing with a protein synthesis issue in the liver, a protein losing gastropathy syndrome or an immune response from a dive which I took in my Lyphocyte count when I was very ill. An similar experiences or thoughts on what could be causing this gradual fall in globulin levels?

My globulin has been low for 3 years and albumin normal.  At the same time DHEA doubled.  Immunoglobulins IgG- 3 and IgA also have been suppressed.  Recently, I stopped eating gluten food sources gi /liver/headache pain stopped.  You have to eat a celiac diet, not easy  My lab test indicated I was negative for celiac disease however I was
so frustrated I tried gluten free.  It takes 8 weeks for gluten to leave the
body.
Your total protein is low due to reduce globulin intake,adsorption,metabolism, or over use of globulin source.  Do other
family or relative of similiar age have suppressed globulin protein levels?  All part of the puzzle.        
Also had a a lymphocyct-monocyct illness fall 2006.  It was mono.
Any illness that causes inflammation can elevate enzymes on organs
they effect. Some of "liver enzymes" can also be "gi enzymes".

I am still searching for answers.  Hope this helps

eye