Gastroenterology Community
Low Lipase

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Low Lipase

Have been having upper center abdominal pain for about 6 weeks. The lipase test came back at 9.  Last week it was 15 and 6 months prior to that it was 30.  Glucose is fine.  TSH during the same period of time has gone up from .5 to .9 (last week) this week it's up to 1.9.  TSB has gone from .8 , .6, to 1.5 last week and 1.7 this week.  My doc hasn't gotten back to me yet.  Any ideas?
I just got a blood test back and I also have a low lipase level - it is 19. Did you get any answers about your low lipase? If you did, would you please share that information with me.  Thanks, Suzanne
Avatar n tn
Your lipase level is within the normal range and is not low.  You are ten points above what mine was last year.