Gastroenterology Community
LowGrade Fever 4-5 days after Surgery
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

LowGrade Fever 4-5 days after Surgery

My mother, who is in her early 70s, had Laproscopic gallbladder removal 4 days ago.  She did very well during surgery and came home the next day.  She has had minor pain, mostly beginning the 3rd day after surgery.  Today (4th day after surgery) she began running a low grade fever of approx 100.4 this morning and tonight it was up to 101..but is controlled by Tylenol and the pain is controlled with Hydrocodone for pain.  She has never had any kind of surgery before and has always been extremely healthy.  She took a shower this afternoon and got very weak...but that soon passed.  I have tried getting her to contact her surgeon but she feels that "she is ok".  She goes to the surgeon for her followup in two days.  I have only had a hysterectomy but do not remember getting a fever during recovery.  Is  a fever normal?  I have perused the internet and it has done nothing but scare me.  Sometimes I think that the internet is a wonderful tool but then can have the exact opposite effect on someone who is trying to diagnose a problem without a doctorate decree! lol  Hopefully there is someone out there who has had, or has family or friends who have had, a temp 4-5 days after laproscopic gallbladder surgery!  THanks to you all.