Lower Abdominal Pain
I am a 50 year-old male in reasonably good health.  I have had asymptomatic Hepatitis C for over 30 years (re-diagnosed about 10 years ago from Hep B to Hep C)

Two days ago I started having pain in my lower abdomen, slightly below my naval, but relatively deep.  I suspected diverticulitis, a contition I have had before and sought medical treatment.  The doctor said that my white cell count was fine and told me that I did not have a bladder infection.  He specualted that I might have a prostate infection, and lacking more information, put me on Cipro in hopes that the antibiotic would make the pain go away.  He advised a Urology consult if the pain persisted.  The pain does not seem to me to be in the prostate area, but what do I know?

The pain is still there.  Now I have become partially constipated, passing only small, slimy/watery, yellow stoools several times per day.  I am not evacuating nearly as much as usual.  I am fairly gassy- moreso than usual.  I seem to be urinating more often than usual, every couple of hours.  I had to get up twice last night to urinate.

Searching the internet, I wonder if this may be symptomatic of a partial intestinal blockage.  I do have a history of colon polyps and my mother died of colon cancer at age 47, a few years after a total blockage necessitated the removal of a grapefruit-sized tumor from her colon.  I have had colonoscopies every four years since I was in may mid 30's.  It is time for another one, but I had planned to wait a while before scheduling it.

I do not have a fever or nausea, and except for the pain and evacuation issues, feel pretty good.  I do feel a little bloated and my appetite is down some, but my weight is about the same.

I probably need to see another doctor- but am unsure whether a urologist or a gastroenterologist would be more appropriate.

Ideas?