Gastroenterology Community
Lower Left Abdominal Pain Please Help!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

For approx. 3 months I have constantly had a dull pressure (not quit pain) on my lower left quad 3 inches left of my belly button and stretches all the way to my hip bone. I also notice when I put all my weight to my left hip I feel another slight pressure. Laying down I can feel it radiate to my back..I have never had a queasy stomach before this I use to  be able to eat every fried pig on the planet!) and now I have constant bouts of gas (I could blow up a planet) with d and c depends on the day...I have had a change in bowel color and size.. Background: 29yr old female/slim build.. It feels like when u were in the 7th grade and u had a crush on someone..remember the butterflies in your stomach? well i have that topped with excessive gas and a strange left-sided pressure..Can anyone help? Doc swears its IBS but I dunno I am asian and we have been raised on spicy everything! I do not have a healthy eating pattern (single and live alone so i eat out ever day-lunch and dinner unless I microwave) but at my age would my diet have that big of an impact??! I have been under a lot of stress had a death in the immediate family this past Sept.Can anyone give me advice???!!
I'm no Dr but it does sound like IBS.  
Thats what the first doctor told me...but would IBS cause a constant dull pain/pressure on the lower leftside?
Yes, atleast that is what Im told.  I had a colonoscopy last week and a sonogram all is well inside.  Ive been told I have IBS, my main complaint is pain on the lower right side.  

My Dr is going to resubmit for a CTscan just to be sure he's ruled everything else out, but as of right now this is my diagnosis.  Sounds lik you and me have the same problem just opposite sides of the body.

Hope
Hope! Thank u for responding! I literally don't have anybody to talk to about this...LOL I cant really call a my girlfriends hey I am D & C with poop changes! is your pain very dull almost an annoyance rather than pain??? has your stomach outta nowhere very sensitive to all food? I promise u I used to be a trash compactor! and now I almost have an anxiety to eat any food!
Stress and anxiety will most definately trigger IBS.  Im new to the world of IBS and just now learning about it.  

I don't think you have a phobia about eating, I think your just anxious.....not sure whats going to happen once you eat.  The more you worry about it though the more likely something "will" happen when you finally do eat.  Just eat small things thru the day and see how that works for you.  

Hope
Thank u Hope! it still freaks me out that I can be such a gas machine......and i used to think i had the stomach of steel...does anxiety/stress do anything to trigger it? I wonder if I have developed a phobia against eating...
Yes, my pain is dull on a scale from 1-10 it goes from 1&2.  I'm not in to eating now either.  Yeah I know of no one that has IBS in "the real world" so it makes sense to come here lol

I get bouts of nausea too, but that can be from anxiety or my Fibromyalgia.

Hope
Hope! first off thank u for caring! I swear strangers can ease u ;) ...I went and bout prilosec otc and zantac and the left side pain went away! I'm still going to get a colonscopy but does that mean it is more leaning toward IBS? im scared that it could be diverticulitis...i dunno i might just be a worry wart!
Hey if the prilosec works Id stick with it lol......Nothing seems to help my pain and I think the colonoscopy didn't help.  I just figured with the pain I have that the colonoscopy was a good way to go, I worried about the div too.  Keep taking the medication and see how long it works for you.  If it stops working then I would go see a DR and go from there.

For myself, Im waiting to hear if my CTscan gets approved.  This is the last test Im going to have.  I think being in the hospital and Drs office all the time tends to make us feel sicker!!!  
Let me know how your doing :)

Hope
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers