Aa
A
A
Close
Lower abdominal Pain/Blood after passing a stool
I have lower abdominal pain (sometimes burning) that almost feels like menstrual cramps, but sometimes the pain relocates to different parts in my abdomonen. It is fairly constant pain, but it comes and goes. I had bloody diarheaa two days ago and was also vomiting at the same time. I am passing solid stools now, there is no blood that I can see IN my stools, however, there is blood on the tissue after I pass the stool, not coming from my butthole or my vagina, clearly coming out as blood fluid from my rectum. I just got off antibiotics for a bacterial infection in my vagina, and I was not taking those properly, is it possible my infection could have spread to my rectum or colon area? Is it possible my new birth control could be a cause? I already went to the doctor and he took a stool sample, but Im scared this is serious and worried I should be treated immediately. Please help.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Stool culture will show, if there is an infection in the rectum. If not, then you'll need colonoscopy.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Rectal bleeding should never be ignored especially if you are approaching the age of ~40+.  Unless your doctor can assure you that the cause is minor (eg haemhorroids) I suggest (as boron says) you should insist on a colonoscopy.

Good luck
Morecambe
o
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources