Gastroenterology Community
Lower abdominal Pain/Blood after passing a stool
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lower abdominal Pain/Blood after passing a stool

I have lower abdominal pain (sometimes burning) that almost feels like menstrual cramps, but sometimes the pain relocates to different parts in my abdomonen. It is fairly constant pain, but it comes and goes. I had bloody diarheaa two days ago and was also vomiting at the same time. I am passing solid stools now, there is no blood that I can see IN my stools, however, there is blood on the tissue after I pass the stool, not coming from my butthole or my vagina, clearly coming out as blood fluid from my rectum. I just got off antibiotics for a bacterial infection in my vagina, and I was not taking those properly, is it possible my infection could have spread to my rectum or colon area? Is it possible my new birth control could be a cause? I already went to the doctor and he took a stool sample, but Im scared this is serious and worried I should be treated immediately. Please help.