Gastroenterology Community
Lower left abdominal pain. History of reflux, Too much acid in system?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I have had reflux for a couple of years. It progressed as follows: A minor pain started a few years back  in my stomach. Doc did not know what it could be. A year or so later (after a night of spicy food) it was in my chest(reflux).  I have been on and off of Prilosec to control pain. I would like to stay on a natural remedy, but none seem to work well. I have had some minor pain in my lower left abdomen, but nothing like this. I feel it mostly in the evening and in the morning. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with my side throbbing. It has progressed to the point where my back feels like the muscles are soar. Prilosec does not seem to affect it. I have an appointment with Doc next month. Now I have reflux, pain in my side and occasional pain waves through my stomach. Is this all due to too much acid in my system? Does anyone have a suggestion for a natural fix.  :roll:
Avatar n tn
If it is too much acid,try chewing gum to neutralise it or drink baking soda or alka selzer,but both contains mucho salt.
eat an apple,preferably Red Delicious brand and see if it helps.
Keep chewing gum!
i get back  pain in my back. i only hurt when i drink too many coke sometimes