Lump in throat while taking Proton pump inhibitor
I started having a lump in my throat after about a week on Gastritis medicine (Zegrid). I did not think I had Gastritis but my EGD said I did.  I have been having pains in my upper left and right side of abdomen but no gas, no bloating, go belching and no acid reflux but I took it anyway to see if it would help with the pains I was having but a week into taking it I started having a lump in my throat kind of feels like my throat is reeally tight.  I was just wondering if anyone else had this symtom while or after taking a proton pump inhibitor.  It may not be from the medicine but it was odd that it only started after taking the medicine. I stopped taking the medicine after 2 weeks to see if it helps make the lump in throat go away.
Did it help when you quit taking the medicine.  I have acid reflux and nothing seems to help me.  I've watched my diet and took medicine and now I have a sore throat and a swollen tongue.  I'm deeing a ENT now.  Let me know if it helped to quit taking the medicine.  Good luck!
The lump in your throat after you took Zegrid may not have been a coincidence, as some people can get odd reactions to medications. You might find you would be OK on another
make of the medication.
.
Alternatively, the lump may be due to something else.  Have you had a thyroid function test done recently, or has your doctor examined your neck for swelling?    
I have the same symptoms as you after a month on protonix. Can you please let know if yours was an allergic reaction? I'm trying now Aciphex after three weeks of not taking any ppis, since I thought that I'm having an allergic reaction. I really hope this ppi will work without the side effects.