Aa
A
A
Close
1030353 tn?1262489288
Lump in throat while taking Proton pump inhibitor
I started having a lump in my throat after about a week on Gastritis medicine (Zegrid). I did not think I had Gastritis but my EGD said I did.  I have been having pains in my upper left and right side of abdomen but no gas, no bloating, go belching and no acid reflux but I took it anyway to see if it would help with the pains I was having but a week into taking it I started having a lump in my throat kind of feels like my throat is reeally tight.  I was just wondering if anyone else had this symtom while or after taking a proton pump inhibitor.  It may not be from the medicine but it was odd that it only started after taking the medicine. I stopped taking the medicine after 2 weeks to see if it helps make the lump in throat go away.
Cancel
3 Answers
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Did it help when you quit taking the medicine.  I have acid reflux and nothing seems to help me.  I've watched my diet and took medicine and now I have a sore throat and a swollen tongue.  I'm deeing a ENT now.  Let me know if it helped to quit taking the medicine.  Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
The lump in your throat after you took Zegrid may not have been a coincidence, as some people can get odd reactions to medications. You might find you would be OK on another
make of the medication.
Alternatively, the lump may be due to something else.  Have you had a thyroid function test done recently, or has your doctor examined your neck for swelling?    
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have the same symptoms as you after a month on protonix. Can you please let know if yours was an allergic reaction? I'm trying now Aciphex after three weeks of not taking any ppis, since I thought that I'm having an allergic reaction. I really hope this ppi will work without the side effects.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
1030353 tn?1262489288
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank